Nels Lindahl, an enrolled member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma, is the author of Graduation with Civic Honors and founder of www.civichonors.com, which advocates development of ways to strengthen the community through volunteering networks. Nels, a Thomas and Barbara Kester Page Scholar, graduated from the University of Kansas with a degree in political science and a minor in public service and civic leadership. As an undergraduate, Nels was an Ethan Allen Scholar in public administration, on the National Deans List all four years, and participated in a study on workplace literacy with Kansas City Consensus and the Public Administration Department. Nels received a master of public administration degree from the University of Kansas department of public administration. Nels holds a doctoral degree in public policy and administration from Walden University with specializations in knowledge management and e-government. In addition to academic work, Nels is spending time working on completing a new book dealing with the intersection of technology and modernity.
Suggested Further Reading
- Lindahl, N. (2010). Responsive E-Government: A study of local government e-feedback methodology. Dissertation Abstracts International, 71 (11), May 2011. Retrieved January 23, 2011, from ProQuest Digital Dissertations database. (Publication No. 3426428).
- Lindahl, N. (2006). Graduation with Civic Honors: Unlock the power of community opportunity. New York: IUniverse, Inc.
- Carlsen, C. J., Lindahl, N., & Lindahl, S. (2004). “Civic Honors Program at Johnson County Community College.” Journal for Civic Commitment, 4th Issue, 1-9.
- Check out the Functional Journal a weblog created by Nels Lindahl. The weblog includes writings and thoughts on a wide variety of subjects and theories.
- Nels stores photos using the Yahoo owned Flickr photo archiving and hosting service.
- Nels has started using the linkedin networking service.
- Nels recently joined academia.edu to engage with the academic publishing community
- Nels occasionally on a sporadic basis posts video to the YouTube video archiving service.
- If you want to know about Nels on a daily basis, then consider using the micro blogging service Twitter
- Nels Lindahl occasionally uses the Facebook social networking service. Friend requests will only be accepted if you know and have met Nels in person.